Enterprise Architecture: Technology Architecture
What is Technology Architecture (TA)?
- A domain of Enterprise Architecture
- Concerned with the technology that supports the systems that are in use in the organization – both software and hardware technology
- Describes the software and hardware capabilities that are required to support the deployment of business, data, and application services
- Includes but not limited to IT infrastructure, networks, middleware, communications.
What are the Technology Architecture layers?
- Conceptual Layer: defines “what” technology capabilities are required to provide the appropriate technology infrastructure for the enterprise
- Logical layer: defines “how” the “what” will be achieved
- Physical layer: defines the implementation and deployments of technology in the enterprise